Monday, July 4, 2011

July 4th...a Great Day to Workout

This was the place to start my morning off right!

Holiday, smoliday...workouts never take a back seat, especially when you have goals set for yourself (and you ate badly like I did yesterday!!) This morning at 7:30am, it was sunny, warm and time to SWEAT! 3 sets of bleachers (both sides of the field = a set) and a mile around the track later, I figured it was time to hang with the family by the pool for some quality time and relaxation.

Food-wise today, I ate MUCH better than yesterday!  I was a whole new person with a whole new mindset.  Post workout, I ate an apple with peanut butter to level out my blood sugar.  Lunch consisted of tuna salad with fresh fruit...

Dinner was awesome!  Grilled chicken breast with asparagus and whole wheat pasta with homemade spinach pesto.  So healthy and tasty that I didn't want to stop eating!!  lol  I never craved anything sweet or anything that I don't need to have that is processed.  The great thing is, I haven't had a headache in a couple of weeks and i think that is from my diet change and working out more. 

For those of you who know and those who don't, I suffer from a pretty nasty migraine disorder that literally floors me when onset.  I get numb in the face, severe pain, dizziness and possibly faint, etc.  It was quite scary last year when I ended up in the hospital, numb on my left side and had a difficult time swallowing and was in an extreme amount of pain.  My internal medical physician ordered a Stat-MRI, which showed 8-2mm lesions in the white matter of my brain.  I was immediately sent to a Neurologist for evaluation.  Blood work came back great and he ordered a Lumbar Puncture (spinal tap) because he was ruling out MS, which he said was a high possibility because of  my symptoms.  I took that quite hard.  To make a long story short, needless to say, the test results came back negative and he diagnosed me with a migraine disorder.  We have tried so many different types of medications and none have worked.  I finally gave up, took myself off of all of them and tried changing my every day habits...it has worked amazingy so far *knock on wood, right?*!

I am so grateful for having that learning experience and knowing when I have to stop and rest, because without it, I would not have gotten better.  I am also grateful for my friends and family who have supported me the past week on my new journey, helping to pump me up, telling me its okay to fall off the wagon, but to get back on it!  Also, I am grateful for my girlfriends for working out with me this weekend, sweating it out with me and encouraging me to keep going no matter what!  I am last, but not least, grateful for the time I got to spend with my family over the past 5 days...enjoying quality, fun-filled, time together.

My goals for tomorrow...my goals for tomorrow.  Keep a positive attitude because I know that I will need to put it to good use!  Encourage my co-workers and my family to live a healthier lifestyle, free of profanity and clean living.  My last goal...put myself first and be my own cheerleader!!  I have to take care of myself and better myself to meet my goals.

" I may not be there, yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday." - Author Unknown

As I sit and write my blog, I am listening to the rain and thunder and watch the lightening light up the room!  It is a fabulous feeling to know that the Lord has blessed us with rain and cooler temps!!  (LOL) 


I hope that everyone has a great, short week ahead!   Keep those encouraging words a comin'!  You have NO idea how much they make a difference in my day-to-day struggles to stay on track!!  LOVE YOU ALLL!!!  "See" you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment